Our new reality

Year 13,

I hope you are well and enjoying your first "working from home" day! I know that last week's news of no exams and no more school won't have quite sunk in yet but I'm hoping that my new blog (inspired by Mr Matthews) will give you something to read/laugh at/think about over the next few months. 

I don't know about you, but my week end was odd! My family and I didn't have our usual Mothering Sunday lunch. Instead, we went for a walk with my parent's new puppy and made sure that we kept a safe distance apart from one another. Here is their new puppy, 'Murphy' with my big sister! He isn't allowed to walk yet so we carried him the whole way round 😊 



I hope that for those of you that went out on Friday night, you kept a safe distance away from one another πŸ˜‰and that there weren't too many sore heads on Saturday morning. I also hope that you have all logged on to SMHW by now to see what work is being set by your school teachers. Although there are no May/June exams, it is still extremely important for you to maintain a daily routine and to continue to study. If you would like any more information on what you should be doing at home, there is some useful stuff on the Salesian website here: 


Keeping a daily routine, maintaining some form of exercise, and making time for reading all have significant benefits to mental health and well-being. I would strongly encourage you to set up and stick to a daily schedule, and where possible. The sooner you implement a schedule, the better. 


A Level Results
I know that many of you will be feeling worried and anxious about your A Level results and how these will be calculated. Unfortunately, there is still much uncertainty on this. However, I would suggest that you should read the Government Website which answers some of our questions:



Mrs Hawkins has also sent you an email which says:


"Over the coming the weeks if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch with me (Mrs Hawkins) via email.  Whilst I may not immediately have answers to your questions, I will do my utmost to help and support you."



Keeping Happy and Healthy
  • Establish a routine.
  • Exercise if you can, just a short at home YouTube video or yoga helps mentally
  • Make time to reflect, write down your thoughts and feelings and keep talking to your friends and family.
  • Try to get fresh air everyday, take a walk if you can.
  • There are some great apps to stay well connected. Try 'houseparty' or 'zoom'
  • Help your local community (if it is safe to do so). There are some great postcards that you could send around to your neighbours. 



We also continue to be able to offer support via email on change4me@salesian.surrey.sch.uk

Further support services available can be found at: https://salesian.surrey.sch.uk/home-learning/pastoral-support/


Please also remember that whilst away from school, Kirstin will still be able to support via email on: counselling@salesian.surrey.sch.uk  



What should I be doing at home?
As I've previously said, you should be continuing to study and complete work set by your teachers.

If you are going to University and you have not already done so, you need to register with student finance. Even if you have not confirmed your 'Firm' and 'Insurance' choice, you need to do this ASAP. Do this here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/when

Not going to uni? There are some great apprenticeships being advertised here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship



Please email me if you are concerned or worried about anything.

Mrs Clarke





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another day of eating over 50,000 calories...

Please read!

PSHE Bulletin - Mr Hunt